Let’s talk about non-traditional plus size wedding dress ideas!!
It’s Plus Bridal Week here at The Curvy Fashionista, where we dedicate a whole two WEEKs to sharing the best tips and most up-to-date info for plus size brides. We’re so glad you’ve visited us today, and we’re even MORE excited to share a bunch of really rad non-traditional plus size wedding dress ideas!
Non-Traditional Plus Size Wedding Dress Ideas
Ok, so before we get into all the good details about non-traditional and alternative plus size wedding dresses, I wanted to share a few tips!
I’ve been working in plus size fashion for YEARS, and I’ve learned a thing or wo that I think will DEFINITEY help plus size brides looking for a non-traditional wedding dress.
- Ignore the HATERS! Ok, maybe they’re not haters, per se, but you should definitely focus on feeling YOUR best on YOUR special day. It’s okay to politely decline the opinion of family members who want you to go with a super traditional dress.
- Go CUSTOM! Ok, so you can *definitely* find a gorgeous non-traditional wedding dress at a larger store, but working 1:1 designer is SO FUN — and the cost is often very comparable to a regular plus size wedding dress.
- GO ALL OUT! If you are going for a non-traditional plus size wedding gown, I definitely think you should add in a two-in-one look, extra lace to frame a tattoo, etc. Go for it — be it a black wedding dress, colorful wedding dress — or something totally unexpected!
- DON’T FORGET ACCESSORIES! When it comes to non-traditional plus size wedding dresses, you want to be sure to find unique accessories. We love a chunky platform heel!
- JOIN US ON PINTEREST! Finding ideas as a plus size bride can be so hard, which is why we update our Pinterest regularly. Be sure to join us on the platform, here!
Alright, now that I’ve shared my tips, let’s get to the non-traditional plus size wedding dress ideas!!!!
Let us know what you think!
Be sure to read all of our Plus Bridal Week content, as we may have Just what you have been looking for!